Today, here in this post we will give you step to step instructions on how to set up wifi? Setting up a wireless network at your home you should require a wireless router, a computer or laptop with wireless capabilities, a wifi modem and two Ethernet cables. Once you collect all these equipments, follow the steps given below:
- Find The Best Location To Place Your Wifi Router: It is advisable to place your wifi is in a central location of your home, free from obstructions that could cause wireless interference. Don't place the router near to windows, walls, or the electronic equipments.
- Connect Your Router To The Modem: Take an Ethernet cable and plug it into the router WAN port. Then, connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the modem.
- Connect Your Laptop Or Computer With The Router: Now, connect your laptop or computer with the modem through the LAN cable, you can remove the LAN cable once the network is setup successfully. Plug one end of LAN cable into the router LAN port and the other end of the LAN cable into the LAN port of a laptop or computer.
- Power On Modem Router And Computer: It's crucial that modem, router and computer turned on in the proper order. You should turn on the modem first. When the modem lights are all on, and then turn on the router. When the router is on, turn on the computer.
- Open The Management Page Of The Router: Open any web browser in your computer and enter the IP address of the router administration page. This information is provided in the router manual.
- Change The Default Username And Password Of The Router: Go to the router administration page and change your default username and password. Use a strong password that you won't forget.
- Add WPA2 Security: This is a very crucial step of setting up a wifi network. Go to the router administration page. Select which type of encryption to use and enter a passphrase of at least 8 characters.
- Save The Setting And Connect Your Laptop Or Computer With Network: One all the above given steps done click on the save and continue. Now take your wifi enabled device and find your network. Once the network is found connect your device.